Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #13

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are highly anticipating.

The One (The Selection #3)
by Kiera Cass
Release Date: May 6th 2014

The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey... Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned. - Goodreads

Why am I Waiting?
A couple pages into the 1st book in this series, The Selection, it was like love at first sight. I knew I wanted to spend every moment in this world and with these characters. Unfortunately, the problem with starting a series where not all the books are publish is the wait...and it doesn't help that I am the most impatience person.

I love Maxon so I hope America and him end up together but I also know from the author's blog that there are people who don't like Aspen so I wonder if Cass would have America end up with him or alone for a twist. Unlikely, but nevertheless possible. I really think Aspen and Lucy should end up together. All I ask for is some more romantic tension scenes with America and Maxon. I am interested to see what transpires with the Northerns/Southerns, Maxon's father and America. 

Will America join the Northern rebellion? Will she contact the Italians for help? Will Maxon find out about Aspen and her? Aren't there cameras everywhere in the palace? Does Maxon or his father already know about Aspen and her? Should America trust Maxon?

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

1 comment:

  1. I really like the covers of the books in this series. I hope this ends well for you. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...