Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #1

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are highly anticipating. Don't forget to check out the questions below. This week’s pre-publication that I can’t-wait to-read is:

The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore
Release Date: August 27th 2013

The Garde are finally reunited, but do they have what it takes to win the war against the Mogadorians?

John Smith—Number Four—thought that things would change once the Garde found each other. They would stop running. They would fight the Mogadorians. And they would win.

But he was wrong. After facing off with the Mogadorian ruler and almost being annihilated, the Garde know they are drastically unprepared and hopelessly outgunned. Now they’re hiding out in Nine’s Chicago penthouse, trying to figure out their next move.

The six of them are powerful, but they’re not strong enough yet to take on an entire army—even with the return of an old ally. To defeat their enemy, the Garde must master their Legacies and learn to work together as a team. More importantly, they’ll have to discover the truth about the Elders and their plan for the Loric survivors.

And when the Garde receive a sign from Number Five—a crop circle in the shape of a Loric symbol—they know they are so close to being reunited. But could it be a trap? Time is running out, and the only thing they know for certain is that they have to get to Five before it’s too late.

The Garde may have lost battles, but they will not lose this war.

Lorien will rise again.




The questions that plague my mind while I am waiting for The Fall of Five's release..... 

7. Where is Sam? Why does no one seemed concerned with his absence?
6. Who is the dead Garde in Sam's well? 
5. Why does Setrakus Ra wear the three Loric pendants? Are they just spoils of war or does he claim the powers of the dead Garde such as the power to take away powers and turn people into stone?
4. Will another number be crossed off the list or will seven make it on to book #5? 
3. What is Number Five's powers? I am predicting flying.
2. Who is going to couple up? Such as Six and Four or Six and Nine, ect. How is Five going to throw a wrench in the mix? Do you think Five is a female or male?
1. Who do you think will assume the role of Pittacus Lore? Will no one assume his role since he is still alive?


What are your thoughts? Any other questions you are dying to have answered about The Fall of Five?

9 comments:

  1. This book sounds fantastic, though I've still yet to read the previous one! I enjoyed I Am Number Four, but I liked The Power of Six a lot more. I hope this one will live up to your expectations. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I read I am Number Four I wasn't sure I was going to continue the series because I found Four kind of frustrating, however when Six bursts in at the end of book #1 things started to get better and then Nine shows up. By book #2 and #3, I really got into the series. I still have some reservations about the series but I am a little addicted regardless.

      Delete
  2. Hello Rachel & Hello The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore. I too am anxiously awaiting the release of this book. I wanted to start off my response by addressing your questions, and then asking some of my own.

    Warning: May Contain Spoilers from previous books.

    7. I think Sam was transferred to where we left off in the last book (at the base in New Mexico). I don't think they would have left such a valuable person back in the cave on the east coast. I too am bothered that John Smith (Four) has not been more concerned about Sam's whereabouts. But, John is easily persuaded. I can only imagine what the conversation will be like about Sam's whereabouts when Six and John have a chance to talk.

    6. Good Question, and I honestly have no theories.

    5. The Loric pendants have to be of use to Setrakus Ra to have him wearing them around his neck. They must be too valuable to him to just leave locked up in a facility or with other mogadorian soldiers. They have to be very important. My prediction is that they are needed to defeat him from the other garde members. I predict that whoever wears them does have some Loric power abilities, but what I am not sure. We will have to see how it turns out.

    4. I am hoping they all stay together, that somewhere along the lines the prophecy that was laid out for their futures has been altered because of their friendships with individuals they did not know they would come in contact with (Sam maybe? Ella?)

    3.Flying would be cool. I need a list of everyone's powers to keep track and to help me figure out who is the one Garde who inherits Pittacus Lore's powers and will be able to defeat Setrakus Ra.

    2.I think Six and Four were meant to "couple up" but I'm not so certain because they have both fell in love with humans (Sam and Sarah). Definitely see Eight and Seven as a couple.

    So we know Four is male, Six is female, Seven is female, Eight is male, Nine is male and Ten is Female. I want to guess Five would be Female based on numbers, but my gut kind of says Five will be male.

    1. Tricky question. My theory is that the garde that is left, together will be stronger than Pittacus Lore and that after defeating Setrakus Ra, they will become immortal, and will not be able to die. I think in order for them to be immortal though they must fight all together against Setrakus Ra, save earth and return to Lorien in order to have the Lorien Charm that once protected them as long as they were apart to go into affect once again. But like I said just one theory.

    My Questions:
    I have many questions that are unanswered at this point and already feeling myself needing to re-read to catch some details that I had missed along the way. It is just too hard when you enjoy a book to stop and write down notes.

    What will happen after they defeat Setrakus Ra? will the Mogadorians seek out a compromise to stay alive? Will they retreat back to their planet, or will they try to take over another planet? Will the Mogadorians turn into something other than what they are perceived as being now? Had Setrakus Ra put a charm/curse or something to hide who they really are? We already know they have the ability to disguise themselves as humans.

    Does Four end up with Sarah or Six? Does Six end up with Sam?

    How do they plan on restoring Lorien to the way it was? Will they be expected to populate the planet. Can humans live on Lorien?

    Those are just some questions that I have currently. I may have more down the line and would be glad to discuss them further.

    Thanks for the post, the site looks great.

    -- Amanda Chi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many questions and not enough answers. I am wondering if Nine and Six are going to hit it off in this book since Sam is currently missing and Four is with Sarah again. I think Five will be a female to throw a wrench in the current relationships.

      I think the Mogadorian will retreat when they are defeated and the Garde will treat them how to save their planet and maybe bring life back to their previous planet.

      Maybe Garde and humans will need to get together to repopulate Lorien.

      Are you on the library's waiting list or are you going to purchase this?

      Delete
    2. Who is your favorite character again?

      Delete
    3. I may purchase this book. Havent quite decided ... but thats prolly what I will end up doing. I'm starting to like the ebook thing but I miss the actual books sitting on my bookshelf. Lol. Its just the look and feel of it. Maybe one day I will have my own library like Belle in Beauty & the Beast. Seriously vest gift ever to have all the books I could ever want.

      I like Six a lot. Her whole demeanor makes me happy. I also like Eight. Henri was my fave character but we know I wont get any of him in this book. Thats probably my fave part from the First book. BK is awesome too. Haha.

      --Amanda Chi

      Delete
  3. I've heard this is a good series, have not seen the movie. This looks interesting, thanks for spotlighting it. I may have to find time to read these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't saw the movie. I heard the book was a thousand times better than the movie but that is usually the case. Let me know what you think if you see the movie or check out the books. :)

      Delete
  4. Number Zero is LEGENDARY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...