Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Side Effects May Vary

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are highly anticipating.

Side Effects May Vary
by Julie Murphy
Release Date: March 18th 2014

What if you’d been living your life as if you were dying—only to find out that you had your whole future ahead of you?

When sixteen-year-old Alice is diagnosed with leukemia, her prognosis is grim. To maximize the time she does have, she vows to spend her final months righting wrongs—however she sees fit. She convinces her friend Harvey, whom she knows has always had feelings for her, to help her with a crazy bucket list that’s as much about revenge (humiliating her ex-boyfriend and getting back at her arch nemesis) as it is about hope (doing something unexpectedly kind for a stranger and reliving some childhood memories). But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission.

Now Alice is forced to face the consequences of all that she’s said and done, as well as her true feelings for Harvey. But has she done irreparable damage to the people around her, and to the one person who matters most?

Julie Murphy’s SIDE EFFECTS MAY VARY is a fearless and moving tour de force about love, life, and facing your own mortality.

Why am I Waiting?
Leukemia and cancer has always been an interesting book topic to me. I really enjoyed reading My Sister's Keeper. I am going to read The Fault in Our Stars later this month for book club. Plus I love bucket lists. 

4 comments:

  1. I just won an ARC of this one on twitter, and I cannot wait to start reading it! It sounds fab, and I've heard lots of great things about it! Bucket lists are the best, and I love books that have them! I really enjoyed My Sister's Keeper too, except for the fact that it made me bawl. Just like The Fault in Our Stars did! Both awesome books! Can't wait to hear what you think, Rachel!! Thanks for sharing your choice for WoW this week!! Have an awesome rest of the week!!

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sooo lucky! I hope you enjoy Side Effects May Vary. I just finished The Fault in Our Stars. It had me bawling one second and crying the next. Hopefully, SEMV will have the same witty humor as FIOS.

      Thanks for stopping by! I also started follow your blog. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm super excited for this title too, I can't wait to see what happens! I'm finally getting around to reading The Fault in Our Stars this month. I'm scared I'll end up sobbing so I've put it off all this time lol!

    Check out what I'm waiting on this week!
    http://marielovesbooks.blogspot.com/2014/02/waiting-on-wednesday-65.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have a box of tissues handy when you read The Fault in Our Stars. Let me know what you think. I can't wait to see how the movie is done.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...