Sunday, November 3, 2013

Showcase Sunday #14

I have a been a big slacker this week.  I'm really sorry, I've had a terrible book hangover.  Not the good kind either.  I read Allegiant and it put me in kind of a funk.  I didn't even really read anything all week.  Never fear, Jennifer L. Armentrout was to my rescue.  Sentinel was released yesterday and of course I've finished it and I feel great once again!  I can move on from Allegiant.  I just need to vent for a teeny tiny little bit, if you don't want to hear about it, skip down to the showcase Sunday.  Alright, last chance.  If you have any desire to read either of these books, seriously skip down.  My rant, here it goes; Veronica Roth, WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?????  Were you so pressured with this book that you really didn't know what to do?  This book was my biggest disappointment of the year.  In Allegiant, nothing made any sense.  Your characters were not themselves, the story line fell short (really short), and your ending really pissed me off.  I applaud you for trying, next time if you are planning on killing one of the main characters you should finish the story like Jennifer L. Armentrout did with Sentinel.  AMAZING!  There.  I'm done.


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea where you sow what books you've purchased, borrowed, checked out from the library, received from giveaway, etc.

I picked up Sentinel and Obsession by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  I've finished Sentinel and I'm hoping to start Obsession in the near future.

Rachel has also been in a reading funk, she has been extremely busy.  Halloween is one of her favorite times of the year and I believe she spent most of her time on Pinterest.  Can't really blame her, I've seen her pins and they are pretty cool.  Most of her lended books from the library were due back so she had to return them without reading any.  Being the kind and generous friend I am, concerned for her well being, lent her my old Nook.  So now she has my entire library in her possession.  Don't worry I'm not going to list out all 157 books.

What books did you pick up this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...