Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders

This is this week's Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted by The Broke & the Bookish and this week's topic is the Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders. These are not in any particular order.

Best: 
1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I shut this book and thought, "WOW. How is any other book going to exceed my expectations ever again." The ending blows your mind.

2. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore. This book tied in all the books in this series and answered all my questions about King Leck, Po and Fire.


3. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. I debated what list this should really go on because there wasn't as much action as I anticipated and Jacob's new love interest kind of creeped me out. On the other hand, I loved meeting all the different clans and learning about Bella's unique gift. However, the latter trumps the former.


4.The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan. This ending was complete and felt right though I didn't mind that Riordan continued on things in the spin-off series, The Heroes of Olympus.

5. The Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts. Melissa loved the ending of this series. I need to read this trilogy so I can find out why.


Worst (Our definition of worst in this case doesn't mean bad. It means the ending wasn't what we were expecting or that we wanted more from it meaning there were too many unanswered questions.We still  love these series otherwise we wouldn't have finished them in the first place):

1. Twilight by Meg Cabot. I love Jesse and the ending, but at the same time I wanted to know what happens next. The ending had too much of a cliffhanger feeling to it. I kept saying to myself, "Is that it?" and it was for the longest time. But, rumor has it that Cabot is writing an eighth book in this series so lets hope Jesse returns and the ending is solidified.


2. Requiem by Lauren Oliver. Great book except there should have been an epilogue. I need to know what happen to Grace and Hana, but more importantly with Julian, Lena and Alex. Also after reading Raven's novella, I have some unanswered questions about what Tack knows about Raven's condition during Requiem.

3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. I am such a hypocrite since I was not a fan of the epilogue for this. I felt like too many young characters lived thus it felt non-realistic. Then after all those years of adventures, Harry just settles down and lives a normal life...for a wizard and frankly that was too realistic for me. I have Peter Pan syndrome, you know, that fear to grow up and once Harry Potter grows up that means it is time for me to grow up as well. Frankly, I was not having that at age nineteen when I finished this series. Maybe I would feel different about it now.

4. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares. I haven't actually finished this series. Once my sister told me what happens to Tibby I have steered clear of reading this book. I don't know if I am prepared for this series to end especially since I know Tibby, who I have grown to know and love, will do something that will break my heart.


5. The Minority Council by Kate Griffin. Melissa loved this series more and more with each book, but she did say that the ending left it open and made you feel like more was to come. It sounds like there may be a spin-off series in the works that will satisfy Melissa's desire to see more of this world.


What do you think are the best or worst series enders? Do you agree/disagree with any of the books on our list? Any we are missing?

2 comments:

  1. Bitterblue and Mockingjay made my worst list. I've seen Requiem on several worst lists which makes me sad. I still need to read it. But I loved Delirium so much. Pandemonium was okay...but I was hoping for a good ending. :(

    TTT
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...