Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday's Featured Freebie

Digging through thrift stores or garage sales drives me crazy!  I just want to walk into a store, scan the area for what I want or need, pick it up, check out and leave.  So, why is it that I can spend hours, searching through the thousands of free titles on my Nook and Kindle?  Is it because I can dig from the comfort of my own couch?  Is it because of the thrill of finding that hidden treasure?  I'm not quite sure but what  I can tell you is that I think I have what I'm calling 'free book phalanges flick disorder'.  It's the pain you experience from flicking through all of the free books, one side effect is that the brain releases endorphins while you are flicking which makes you forget about the pain.  The cure is of course resting those tired fingers.  Since this is a new disorder, long term side effects have not yet been discovered.  It is believed that this may lead to 'chronic free book phalanges flick disorder' and it is recommended that you alternate fingers, wait a day after heavy flicking to begin flicking again, and of course resting and reading.  So what did I find last night you may ask?  Well my flicking found us the Forbidden Forest by Tenaya Jayne.


Forbidden Forest by Tenaya Jayne
Current Goodreads Rating: 4.11

Born in shame. Cast from society. Shape Shifter/Elf hybrid, Forest must fight for any respect she can get. Targeted in her youth by a vampire noble who placed an illegal slave mark on her, she is forced to obey him, no matter what.

Slipping the grip of her master and abandoning the prejudice of Regia, her native world, Forest takes a job on Earth, guarding the portal, using her skills as a warrior to enforce Regia's laws. Now, called home for a black ops mission, Forest must put aside her own prejudice to transport the vampire prince, Syrus, through enemy territory in a time of war.

Prince Syrus, mage and master of the Blood Kata, wants Forest more than he's ever wanted anything. In spite of their mutual mistrust, their attraction cannot be denied. Through the danger of their mission, and the secrets they both keep, it doesn't matter what they feel. Forest is forbidden. ~Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...