Thursday, October 3, 2013

Review: Insight (Insight, #1) by Jamie Magee

Hello from Jacksonville, IL!  I'm traveling again for work, which means that I have been busy reading again.  I finished what I have for the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.   She is one of my new favorite authors and I could probably go on, and on, and on about the books that I have read.  I'm super excited for Sentinel to be released on November 5th and don't be surprised if you see this as my Waiting on Wednesday post next week.  Yes, I know I still owe you some more Daemon reviews I'm working on those.  I have also read The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaimon.  This was my first book by Neil Gaimon and it won't be my last.  Review to come! Now, go back a few weeks ago and I posted a Friday's Featured Freebie post about this book I found, the cover was captivating and the synopsis was intriguing.  Well, in that post I made a comment that this book moved to the top of my TBR list.  Begin away from the hustle and bustle of home, I seized the opportunity to read this while I was away.  I told you I have been busy!  I'm on such an emotional high from this book right now that I have to write this review immediately.

Jamie Magee's Insight is one of the most... I don't think I have words that can describe it right now.  Seriously, this book is about Earth as a multi-dimensional world.  There are people who have the ability to travel in-between these dimensions.  Their world is called Chara, and in Chara love is the single most powerful thing.  At the age of 20 everyone begins to feel the pull to search for your soul mate.  They will travel through every dimension to find you.  Love conquers all, right?

Insight (Insight, #1) by Jamie Magee
Rating: 4 wine glasses

This story is about Willow, an eighteen year old, who has grown up in the dimension Infante, which is our dimension.  Willow has the insight to feel everyone's emotions around her.  Having grown up in Infante, not knowing or understanding who she really was until she was branded one night in her nightmare.  Willow has been having nightmares for as long as she can remember, but never as real as this one.  Her father, now forced to explain what she truly is and move his family back to Chara so they would be safe.  Of course this is no easy task and trouble soon arises.  Willow is forced to leave her friends and the house she grew up in because of something no one will explain to her.  The plan is to meet one of her father's closest friends who will help them travel safely through the strings to Chara.  What no one knows is that after every nightmare, Willow dreams of the man who she knows she will travel the ends of the earth to be with and finding her soul mate will awaken the prophecy of the creators from over 4 million years ago.

This book is also multi-dimensional.  The story at face value is wonderful.  The characters are strong and passionate.  The plot is nothing like I've ever read before.  The meaning of the words just jump out of the book and touch you.   Love is everything.  Love heals.  Love is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...