Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review: Lichgates by S.M. Boyce

Are you ready for another review?  I sure hope so!  I found this book while I was searching for free books on my nook.  I spend hours searching the thousands of free books.  I will admit it, I'm a freebie junkie. This one caught my attention.  The cover is compelling, the synopsis sounded interesting and let's face it, the price was right.  FREE!  You can't beat that.  I love it when I find free books that are pretty amazing.  I feel like I've discovered some buried secret treasure, which is what the Author is trying to do, but frankly I really don't care.  I'm an addict remember!


Lichgates (The Grimoire Saga, #1) by S.M. Boyce
Rating: 4 Wine Glasses

Kara is a college student, who is on vacation with her father in one of their favorite places.  Kara is an adventurer by heart and loves to hike and discover new places among the mountains.  Since her mother passed, Kara uses hiking as a retreat to run from her guilt.  During a daily hike through the familiar mountains a storm immediately strikes and Kara seeks shelter in an old abandoned library of some sort.  The next series of event leads Kara to discover the Grimoire which unlocks a world that is unimaginable.  A world filled with war and everywhere she turns she is being hunted.  Kara has been named the new Vagabond, whose purpose is to bring peace to this world, Ourea.  Can Kara follow in her successor's dreams and fulfill her destiny?  Along the way Kara meets Braeden, a young man who has been searching for the Grimoire in hopes of becoming the next Vagabond so he can escape the world of Ourea forever. Which desire will Braeden overcome, his desire for Kara or for the Grimoire?

I enjoyed this book immensely.  I found the story intriguing, full of magic and mystery, tragedy and turmoil.  The characters are likeable and relatable.  This book was easy to get lost in.

Here are the other books in the series:

Treason (The Grimoire Saga, #2)
Heritage (The Grimoire Saga, #3) To be released Fall of 2013.  Want to get an advance review copy (ARC) of Heritage? Sign up here.
Illusion (The Grimoire Saga, #4) To be released Fall of 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...