Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Top Ten Worlds That We Would NEVER Want to Live In Or Characters We Would NEVER Want To Trade Places With


This week's Top Ten Topic is Top Ten Worlds That We Would NEVER Want to Live In Or Characters We Would NEVER Want To Trade Places With. As always Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke & the Bookish.

Melissa's Picks:
Ok, so I wouldn't like to live in the Delirium, Hunger Games, or Divergent worlds. While I loved the characters and the courage it took for them to do what they had to do, I wouldn't want to be a random person living in those worlds, without love, or the strict and ridiculous government rules. I don't think I would want to be a Siren like Gemma is in the Watersong series, while being immortal and part fish would have its benefits, I couldn't imagine killing/eating innocent boys. YUCK! And I could never survive with zombies so Samantha in Zombie Island is one up on me there.

Rachel's Picks: 
I would not want to live in The Hunt world since the vampires are extremely creepy and in my opinion worse than zombies because they are lightning speed, bloodsucking monsters (no  charming Edward in the whole bunch). I would not want to trade places with the main characters from A Child Called “It”, Room, Burned, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. All of these characters deal with unspeakable abuses that I don’t think I could handle. In A Child Called “It”, Dave endures horrific abuses at the hands of his own mother…the worst part is that it is based on a true story. The woman in Room, is kidnapped by a man twice her age and then is held captive by her assailant in a 9 x 11 room. After years of being raped by her captor, she gives birth to his son. Pattyn in Burned has a very abusive father. When she finally gets away from him and his iron first, he still finds a way to crush what little happiness she found in the world and tears it away from her forever. While I admire Lisbeth’s resilient in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, she gets the shaft in every aspect of her life. Everyone thinks she is mentally challenged when that is the farthest thing from the truth. She doesn’t have many if any people in her life she can trust. (SPOILER ALERT) The scene with Bjurman raping and sodomizing her made every single nerve in my body cringe.

What  book world wouldn't you never want to live in? What character would you never trade places with in a million years? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...