Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Waiting for Wednesday #15

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases we are highly anticipating.

The Impossible Knife of Memory
by Laurie Halse Anderson
Release Date: January 7th 2014

For the past five years, Hayley Kincaid and her father, Andy, have been on the road, never staying long in one place as he struggles to escape the demons that have tortured him since his return from Iraq. Now they are back in the town where he grew up so Hayley can attend school. Perhaps, for the first time, Hayley can have a normal life, put aside her own painful memories, even have a relationship with Finn, the hot guy who obviously likes her but is hiding secrets of his own.

Will being back home help Andy’s PTSD, or will his terrible memories drag him to the edge of hell, and drugs push him over? The Impossible Knife of Memory is Laurie Halse Anderson at her finest: compelling, surprising, and impossible to put down. - Goodreads

Why am I Waiting?

I read Speak and Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson. She has a way of taking real issues that are rarely talked about and sometimes even taboo to discuss and making them into beautiful books. I haven't read any books that have characters dealing with PTSD from the Iraq War. I can't wait to see Anderson take on this topic.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this one, too. I thought the author's note inside the book was interesting as well -- it talks about how traumatized Anderson's father was after serving in Germany in WWII. Even when he was in his late 80s, he'd still wake up screaming from nightmares about what he'd seen there. I'll be interested to see what Anderson does with this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this book around a lot, cant wait to check it out, thanks for sharing.

    My WoW
    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel, I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award! Check out my other nominees and questions, and should you choose to accept, let me know when you make your own post! :) http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...