Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: Forsaken by Heather Fleener


Forsaken (Ancients of Light, #2) by Heather Fleener
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 wine glasses

The first 17 chapters are set primarily in Chicago where you meet Ella, a non-practicing Fire Caste witch with a fiery personality and Nicholas (aka Cole), a dark vampire warrior. The storyline slows down a little in the middle of this first part as the romance heats up. This section reminded me a little bit of Pretty Woman minus the stripper.

The following 30 chapters are mostly set in the Realm. Ella and Nicholas' story becomes intertwined with Lorcan and Kaitriana. This is where I had trouble putting the book down until I finished it.

I must confess I am getting a little addicted to this series. When I read the first book I didn't realize these were paranormal romance novels so I was a little taken back by the "romance" aspect. I am not a huge romance novel reader, but this is one of the best ones I have read.

I usually associate romance novel with not having much of a storyline outside the romance, but this book is so much more than just your typical romance.

This book has witty dialogue, lovable characters (I love Dunkirk) and a captivating plot. This author creates a world that I can't wait to get sucked into.

I really hope I am not going to have to wait a year till book 3, Broken is released. The main protagonists in Broken are Kylie and Sayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...